- Partners South Accounting, LLC
1451 West Cypress Creek Road
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309
- Office: 888.961.1040
- Fax: 954.656.1106
- Mobile: 305.978.2989
I was the CFO for a Spanish media company based in Miami from January 2004 – December 2010
We had operations in the US, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina and Chile. I oversaw a direct report of 14 people in the accounting department that reported directly within diverse verticals including Vice President of Sales, Legal Affairs and Marketing Departments.
- Maintain budget for IT Department and Engineering
- Co-chair daily meetings with the Chief Executive Officer and upper level management for operations in +140 affiliates in the US including 2 owner-operated stations in Miami and Los Angeles
- Analyze daily sales quota
- Supervise re-engineering of departments to cut costs and optimize resources
- Partner with CEO to implement strategic planning, financial, legal and operational objectives throughout business
- Meet with Legal Department to review cases and prioritize actions
- Collaborate with five Vice Presidents of Sales twice per week to develop new accounts and implement tactics to grow corporate footprint.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources daily to administer re-structuring, draft compensation and exit packages
- Serve as liaison with internal/external auditors and counsel for litigation and due diligence work
- Set schedules of Accounting Managers, Budget Manager and Treasurer
- Define priorities, work-load and benchmark progress
- Review financial data, budget, operational forecasts and Cash and Collections to ensure accuracy and measure actuals versus forecasts
- Lead presentations to executives of subsidiary and parent company, Grupo PRISA
- Direct due diligence teams to study optimal acquisitions; participated in negotiations and financing of several major acquisitions
- Ensure state and federal legal compliance
- Author SOP for purchase order and invoice approval.
I have seen every single aspect of a business from its financial preparation to legal issues with employees. I have vast experience in financial statement preparation, review, budget forecasting, projections and human resource administration.
Prior to being the CFO and the media company I worked with the same group in a different division (Record Label) as controller from 2001-2003.